Saturday, October 9, 2010

Never buy a crappy sword.

EVER.  I mean that.  Just today, I went and bought a nice looking sword at a local ren-fest, but in my excitement, (buying swords is exciting) I forgot to treat this certain wallhanger like a wallhanger.

Note for those of you unfamiliar with sword terminology:  Wallhanger means any sword that looks really cool, but if you try and swing it, it falls apart in your hands.

Thus, half an hour after getting home with my newly bought shiny sword... it came apart and I discovered that it was designed in such a way that it couldn't be repaired.  So... I am now faced with the problem of constructing a brand new hilt to attach to the still-shiny blade.

And the moral of this story is this:  Never, ever, ever, evereverevereverever, ∞, buy a crappy sword, unless it's going straight into an air-conditioned, vacuum-sealed, anti-rust display case.

No comments:

Post a Comment