Friday, October 15, 2010

So now we buy a not-crappy sword.

So yeah.  I found a quality sword, and I think I'm gonna go for it.  It's a Windlass, which is one of the oldest sword companies still manufacturing.  The steel is something like 1060 springsteel, although it could be carbon steel.  not sure which yet.  The only problem I've heard pertaining to this sword is that Windlass blades tend to be a tad whippy, meaning it acts less like a bar of steel, and more like a pool noodle.  But I'm not too concerned about that.

On a side note, I'm this [            ] close to fixing my previous attempt at a sword.  You remember... that crappy one that broke in my last post.  Well, I've almost got it presentable again.  And then it will go on display in my room and will have it's own personal "do not touch" sign.

So... until next time, Thanks for reading etc etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment